Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day Parade is CANCELLED for
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
March 11, 2020
Regretfully, the Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day Parade, scheduled on Tuesday, March 17th has been cancelled. The United Irish Societies, in collaboration with city officials and public health officials have made this decision as a precautionary measure in the best interest of and for the public health and safety of our community. Our priority is to help prevent new cases.
Below are important reminders and information to consider while this situation is ongoing:
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is a central hub of information and resources about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and what to do if you suspect you may be sick with COVID-19. The CDC website can be accessed at www.cdc.gov.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a 60% or greater alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
At public gatherings , temporarily replace handshakes, hugs and physical contact to a friendly wave
Linda M. Carney
St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee
of the United Irish Societies of Greater Cleveland