March 10, 2020
The Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day Parade, scheduled on Tuesday, March 17th at 1:04 PM will occur as planned. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance to the United Irish Societies of Greater Cleveland and to the City of Cleveland. We are closely monitoring the developing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Cuyahoga County. We are working and communicating with elected and public health officials and will follow their recommendations as to whether outdoor public gatherings in the City of Cleveland should be curtailed. Currently there is no such restriction.
Below are some important reminders and information for you to consider while this situation is ongoing:
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is a central hub of information and resources about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and what to do if you suspect you may be sick with COVID-19. The CDC website can be accessed at www.cdc.gov.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a 60% or greater alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- At public gatherings, temporarily replace handshakes, hugs and physical contact to a friendly wave.
The St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee of the United Irish Societies of Greater Cleveland will provide updates as we receive guidelines and information from the City of Cleveland and public health officials.
Linda M. Carney
St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee
of the United Irish Societies of Greater Cleveland